Please type the password and hit 'OK':
The Durham Township Elected Officials & Staff would like to wish everyone a Safe & Prosperous Happy New Year!!
The 2015 yearly schedule for all regular township meetings can be found under the "NOTICES" section of this web site.
A Special Work Session was held on Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 7:30PM in the Township Building Meeting Room where the Board of Supervisors APPROVED the Draft Zoning Ordinance & Official Zoning Map for scheduling of a Publc Hearing to adopt the ordinance.
EAC TIPS OF THE MONTH:
RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES & COMPACT FLUORESCENT BULB RECYCLING: The township EAC has made available recycling drop-off bins for the above items in the township building during normal business hours.
NEXT MONTHLY RECYCLE: Saturday, February 07, 2015 9:00AM TO 12 Noon. Items accepted include; cardboard, paper, metal & aluminum cans and glass & plastic containers
Help save your tax dollars! Please keep your roadside grass & bushes trimmed back at least 4' from the paved roadway.
Reminder: Permits are required for all pools, new construction/additions, change in use, garden sheds, electric, plumbing, decks, etc. Two (2) acres of cleared /fenced pasture required for each horse. Call the zoning office at 610-346-9211 for info.
FIREHOUSE BREAKFAST .......Sunday, February15, 2015, 8:00AM to 12 Noon Community Fire Co. #1 on Delaware Road in Riegelsville. Order by MENU!!
Durham Township, which is located at the extreme northeastern end of Bucks County Pennsylvania, along the Delaware River, contains approximately 6,410 acres (9 square miles), is one of the smallest of 31 townships into which Bucks County is divided. It is bounded by Williams Township, Northampton County on the north and the Delaware River on the east, Nockamixon Township to the south, and Springfield Township on the west.
Even though there were many settlers in Durham in the early 1700's it was not until June 3, 1775 that it was organized into a township. Prior to that date the entire area was owned by the Durham Iron Company. In 1726 the company erected a blast furnace in what is presently the Village of Durham, located along Cooks Creek in Durham. The site is now occupied by the Durham Grist Mill, a historical site on the National Historic Register, now owned by the township.
Durham Township also holds the distinction of being the location that Robert Durham built the first Durham Boat, the boat that was used by George Washington to cross the Delaware River.
M-F: 8am to 12pm - walk-in
1pm to 4pm - Call Ahead